On the first business day of each month, MachShip will generate the following billing charges per company
Dangerous Goods Consignment Fee
Receiver Pays Consignment Fee
SMS consignment fee
Company Integration ongoing support fee
In order to allow clients the ability to add in some manual charges, there is the ability to create billing charges as either recurring or ad-hoc billing charges
How to Create an Ad-Hoc Billing Charge
The billing charges table will be found by selecting Finance and Billing Charges
To create a charge select the Create Billing Charge button and this will take you to the Create Billing Charge Page
The below information is required when creating a billing charge manually:
- Company - Company that the billing charge applies to
- Charge Date – Date when the charge was raised
- Charge Type – Select the option from drop-down list that best describes the charge
- Description - Free text description of charge line item - this will show on the client's invoice.
- Cost Unit Amount Ex Tax – Fixed cost price per unit excluding tax
- Sell Unit Amount Ex Tax – Fixed sell price per unit excluding tax. Note - This is the figure that will appear on the client's invoice.
- Quantity – Number of units
- Attracts tax – Should be set to ‘Yes’ if tax is applicable to this charge
Once the form is all filled out, select Save Company Charges
The charge will then show in the grid.
How to Create a Monthly Recurring Billing Charge
Recurring monthly billing charges are set on the Company Page
to access this page select Admin and View Companies.
Search for the company you wish to assign the Recurring Monthly Billing Charge to, select the cog on the right and the Edit Company option.
Scroll down to the Invoice Settings section where you will have the two fields below:
- Recurring billing charge description - This will be the description for the charge and would appear on the client's invoice
- Recurring billing charge amount - this would be the dollar amount for this recurring charge
This charge will appear in the Billing Charges grid once a month when other automated billing charges are scripted in by the MachShip system.