Below you will find links to the major functionalities related to the conversion of orders into Consignments.
What are Pending Consignments:
One of the key efficiency targets for any business is to cut out manual tasks and automate as many processes as possible. In the Supply Chain and Logistics sector, a key blocker to this achievement is having prior knowledge of the final shipping dimensions and weights of a consignment. In order to allow for partial automation of the consignment creation process, MachShip has the Pending Consignment feature which will enable a user to pass through Order Data or incomplete consignment data.
With this incomplete consignment or order data, despatch teams can:
- Finalise and create consignments with correct and accurate shipping dimensions. By utilising already pre-loaded pick-up, delivery, reference and if possible, carrier data, the time it takes to create a consignment can be cut down significantly.
- Consolidate orders or orders with pre-created consignments in a more efficient process than via the Edit Consignment method.
- Store consignment data that enables you to finalise and automatically print labels at a convenient time.
Data can be fed into MachShip to create a Pending Consignment via any of the integration methods which are available.
If this is the best method for you and you would like a full end to end set of instructions on how to provide data to MachShip via Pending Consignment there are multiple methods and these are outlined below:
- How to Create a Consignment via the UI
- How to Create a Pending Consignment via Import
- How to Create a Pending Consignment via the API
- How to Create a Pending Consignment via Folder Polling
Once the Pending Consignment has been created the below will describe the various methods you can finalise this order into a Consignment and Manifest them.
Via Querying Available Carriers and Prices:
Via Selecting the Cheapest Carrier:
Via Setting the Carrier and Service:
How to manifest a Consignment
The article below will advise on how you can manifest and send through consignment data to the transport carrier and book in a pickup.