Companies in MachShip are the basis by which accounts, permission, and access are separated and maintained. Below you will find instructions on how to create a company.
The below will describe how you can setup a new Company or Client in the MachShip platform as a broker
Note: Based on your company and user type you will see different menus and menu lengths
How to navigate to the Create Company Page
Navigate to Admin tab and under Companies section, select Create Company.
You will then be directed on the Create Company page.
The following list below are the minimum requirements in order to create a company in MachShipo
Name - This is a free text field which is used to identify the organisation. This field is also sent through to the carriers on pickup requests so it is best to make this as relevant in identifying the organisation as possible.
- Account Code - MachShip is integrated with several accounting platforms. As such the account code is utilised to match up the accounts for the two platforms. If possible, ensure that these codes match. Note: It can be set to be anything but do understand that it needs to be unique.
Parent Company - MachShip works on a permission tree structure where all companies branch off from the main MachShip trunk. Setting the parent company ensures the correct structure for all new companies created after and defines their level of permissions and visibility.
In the majority of cases, this company will set as your owning Company.
Billing Parent Company (Optional) - If you have set up a company organization structure in MachShip this will enable each of the child companies to create or have created consignments set against them. The default invoicing setting generates an invoice for every consignment created against the company who owns it. As a result of this, multiple invoices could be sent to your client which may not be ideal. In order to ensure that only one invoice is sent to your client's organization set the Billing Parent Company as the company, you wish to receive the invoice.
COMPANY CUSTOMISATION OPTIONS (Optional to change from Defaults):
Email Tracking Notifications - The Email Tracking Notifications setting allows an admin to configure when and how Advanced Shipping Notices's (ASN's) will be emailed out of the platform.
The options are:
a. Always send tracking notification - Whenever there is an email entered in the delivery email text box when creating a consignment, MachShip will send out the tracking email.
b. Never send tracking information - The tracking email will never be sent, even when there is an email in the delivery location email text box.
c. Prompt on consignment creation - Whenever a consignment is created a radio icon will appear below the email text box where a user can set if they wish to send the tracking email or not.
Email (used by the system) - This email will be the email address which MachShip will CC on all email correspondence. This will invariably be Pickup emails but will also be the default receiver of all Posted Invoices. This will only occur if there is no invoice receiver contact created in the Company Contacts.
Display Email (shown to users) - The Display Email indicates the account contact. This is visible when a user clicks on the Company Logo in the top right-hand corner.
Once clicked, the following link will appear:
VAT/GST I.D, Address line 1, Address Line 2, Suburb: (only required if invoicing) - These are free text fields which are used by MachShip in when populating the client invoice which is generated out of the system.
The suburb field needs to match a suburb from the MachShip database. When you begin to type either a suburb or a postcode you will see that MachShip will present a list of the possible values. Select the one which is correct.
PUBLIC & TRACKING SETTINGS:
- Public Display Name - This will be used if the name you have given to the company in MachShip is not the name which is used when advertising or presenting the company publicly. When this is populated, MachShip will replace all company names on the tracking page with the text in this box.
- Tracking Contact Us Company Name - If the company has an outside entity or separate company who manages customer inquiries, you can set that company here.
- Support Phone, Support Email, Support Web Address - All of the information which is contained in these text boxes will be shown in the footer of the tracking page. An example of this can be seen below.
How these fields are displayed can also be controlled via the below drop downs.
The drop downs are:
- Inherit from Parent - This will take whatever setup there is against the parent account.
- Always Show - Will always show what is contained in the text box.
- Hide - Will never show what is contained in the text box.
- Show Carrier Reference - This will be the carriers consignment number and will be used for your client to directly query a job with the carrier.
- Show Customer Reference 1 and Show Customer Reference 2. These will be the 2 reference fields against the consignment and could be populated with an order or purchase order number.
- Show MS Number - The MS number is MachShip's internal identifier and allows for a unique number for every quote, order, and consignment in the system.
- Show Items - This will provide a list of the items shipped, the total kilos and cube.
As an example, if you have item information and the system reference set as show the tracking page, it will contain information like the below:
- Invoice Due Date Type - allow users to set their invoice terms and it is customisable for each client. This is a required field but is only relevant if you are using the invoice component of MachShip. If you don't require the invoice component the suggestion is to set this as End of Month.
The options are:
Any Due Date Type which requires a date will result in a second text box appearing where the user can specify the number of days.
- Invoice Admin Fee - will be applied per invoice which is generated. This can be set per company and is to be put in as a number, ie: there is no need to put the dollar figure.
- Invoice Sending Type - When MachShip generates a CSV and a PDF invoice when you are looking to invoice out transport charges. The invoice sending type drop-down will allow a user to be able to specify which of these invoice options you wish to send to each client.
The options are:
Note: The default option will be to send both PDF and CSV.
Once all required fields are configured, click Save Company.
How to Upload a Logo on the Company Page?
In order to allow clients and brokers to brand the tracking page, MachShip will allow the uploading of a logo on the Companies page. Note: The upload page will become available as soon as the initial company information is supplied and the company is saved.
Once you select the save button when creating the company, the screen will refresh and you will have the Upload Tracking Logo button appear under the Public & Tracking Settings section.
To upload the logo select the Upload Tracking Logo button. This will prompt the Tracking Image Upload modal to appear.
Once added, click on the Upload button to proceed with the upload.
Note: The system only accepts .JPG and .PNG image type format for uploading the logo
Once successfully uploaded, click Save Company.