Ratecards will contain all the information that will be utilised when creating a quote and pricing consignments. Carriers will invariably change and update the rates as costs change. Ratecard Versions allows MachShip to hold a running history of rates against an account as each version will have an Effective start date and Effective expiration date. This article will outline how a user can create a new Ratecard Version via file import.
How to Navigate to Import Ratecards
Select the Admin drop-down then click on Import Ratecards.
How to Import Ratecards
- Click on Add files, search and select the file(s) you would like to import.
- Click on Upload to start the process of importing the new ratecard. At this point, the rate card will be validated for any errors. Common errors and their explanation can be found in this article
- Once successful a green 'Worksheet was uploaded successfully' notification will show in the top right corner of the screen. The file will then be available in the Import section.
- To import the file(s), select the file(s) by clicking on the tick which is located in the far left column. Then select Import Selected Ratecards.
This will prompt the Import Ratecards Modal to appear.
Import Ratecards Modal
The Import Ratecards Modal will have the following features.
1. Import File Information:
Listed along the left-hand side will be all the files which you are attempting to import.
This information will include:
- Ratecard Abbreviation: Number of Rates being imported and what action is being completed. This will indicate the ratecard being created or adjusted and what the system will be looking to do - as an example in the image above MachShip will be created 94 new rates.
- File Name: The name of the CSV file being imported
- Carrier: This will be the name of the carrier you are importing rates for
Note: To remove a file from the import simply select the red cross icon as shown below.
2. Import Options
If you will be able to update or overwrite a Ratecard Version then the Import Ratecards Modal will appear as below:
MachShip will match up a Ratecard via column 2. As seen in the image below highlighted in Bold.
Note: Should there be no matches in MachShip for a ratecard with the same ratecard abbreviation, then the option will be to create a NEW ratecard. If this is showing you will need to re-upload the ratecard template with a matching Ratecard Abbreviation.
|Carrier||Ratecard||Service||From Zone||To Zone||Reciprocal||Cubic Conversion||Basic||Minimum||Break Type||Item Type||Break From||Break To||Price|
These Options will include:
- Create New Ratecard Version
If the CSV file being imported has an abbreviation that matches an existing ratecard in MachShip, you will be presented the option to create a New Ratecard Version. A ratecard version is a set of rates which will have a new effective date. Each Ratecard Version will be active from midnight on an effective date till 11:59:59 the day before the next Ratecard Versions effective date.
- Update Existing Ratecard Version
If the CSV file being imported has an abbreviation that matches an existing ratecard in MachShip, then you will able to Update the ratecard version in MachShip. Updating a ratecard version will prompt MachShip to change any matching rates on the spreadsheet and add any rates which do not match.
- Overwrite Existing Ratecard Version
If the CSV file being imported has an abbreviation that matches and existing ratecard in MachShip then you will able to Overwrite the ratecard version. Overwriting the ratecard version will result in MachShip deleting the current rates in the system and replacing them with the rates on the import file.
How to Import and Create a New Ratecard Version
When you look to import a file without a matching ratecard abbreviation then the import modal will look like the below image.
To create a new ratecard, select an Effective Date.
- Select the Calendar Icon and the date. The date will then appear as below.
Note: If the ratecard is to become active from a set date, provide the date in the Effective Date Field. If the Effective Date Field is left Blank, the new ratecard will become active as of 12:00 AM that day.
Once completed, select Import Ratecards.
A green 'Ratecard(s) imported successfully' notification will show in the top right corner of the screen when the import was successful and the number of rates imported. The version will then be visible against the Ratecard in MachShip.