Ratecards will contain all the information that will be utilised when creating a quote and pricing consignments. When you are adding a new set of transport rates into MachShip, there may be a requirement to import and create a new Ratecard.
How to Navigate to Import Ratecards
- Select the Admin drop-down then click on Import Ratecards.
How to Import Ratecards
- Click on Add files, search and select the file(s) you would like to import.
- Click on Upload to start the process of importing the new ratecard. At this point, the rate card will be validated for any errors. Common errors and their explanation can be found in this article
- Once successful, a green 'Worksheet was uploaded successfully' notification will display in the top right corner of your screen. The file will then be available in the import section.
- To import the file(s), select the file(s) by clicking on the tick which is located in the far left column. Then select Import Selected Ratecards.
This will prompt the Import Ratecards Modal to appear.
Import Ratecards Modal
The Import Ratecards Modal will have the following features.
1. Import File Information
Listed along the left-hand side will be all the files which you are attempting to import.
This information will include:
- Ratecard Abbreviation - Number of Rates being imported and what action is being completed. This will indicate the ratecard being created, adjusted and detail what the system will be looking to do. As an example in the image above MachShip will be creating 94 new rates.
- File Name - The name of the CSV file being imported.
- Carrier - This will be the name of the carrier you are importing rates for.
NOTE: To remove a file from the import simply select the red cross icon as shown below
2. Import Options
If you are importing a Ratecard Template which has its abbreviation (the text is shown in column 2) not match with any existing Ratecard in MachShip then the screen will appear as below:
The only option that you will be presented with is to Create a New Ratecard.
How to Import and Create a New Ratecard
When you look to import a file without a matching Ratecard abbreviation, the import modal will look like the image below.
You will be given the options to:
- Set an Effective Date
If the ratecard is to become active from a set date, select the flag for Set Effective Date to be Yes
To set a date, select the Calendar Icon and the date. The date will then appear as below. Once the date is set the initial Ratecard Version's Lane Rates will become active at 12:00 am that day.
If you don't set an Effective Date then the first Ratecard Version will be applicable for all time.
Note: The Effective Date field will then be shown the Effective Date Field is left Blank, the new ratecard will become active at 12:00 am that day.
- Ratecard name
This is a free text field where you can set the name of the new ratecard.
- Carrier Account
To assign these as a set of Cost or Buy rates, add all the Carrier Accounts which should be using the ratecard to this field. To add a Carrier Account simply type the account name and select when the option appears.
Once selected it will appear as below.
You will be able to link as many or as little carrier accounts as desired. To remove an added carrier account simply select the cross icon highlighted below.
Once completed, select Import Ratecards.
A green 'Ratecard(s) imported successfully' notification will show in the top right corner of the screen when the import is successful.