Ratecards will contain all the information that will be utilized when creating quotes and pricing consignments. The article below will outline how you can create a new Ratecard via MachShip UI.
How to Navigate to Ratecards
Select the Admin drop-down, then click on Ratecards. This will take you to the View Ratecards screen.
Creating a New Ratecard
Select Create Ratecard, located in the top left corner of the screen. This will prompt the Create Ratecard screen.
The Create Ratecards fields can be broken up into the following sections:
1. Administrative information
- Name: Free text field
- Abbreviation: Free text field, MachShip will use this to match the ratecard when you decide to import a set of transport rates.
- Company: Type and select the Company for which this ratecard should apply for. The Company selected should be the company which your client has been assigned to.
- Carrier: Type and select from the list of Carriers which this ratecard should apply for.
2. Advanced information regarding Expiration and Priority
- Expiry Date: This field is not required. If a date is selected, the Ratecard will be applicable from midnight of that date.
- Priority: The Priority is to be assigned to a ratecard for the situation where there are multiple ratecards which could apply when generating prices. By default, everything is set to be Moderate but if there is a rate which should always be applied, this should be set to have a higher priority and if there is a ratecard which is a backup rate, this should be designated with a lower priority.
Note: If there are two applicable ratecards with the same priority then MachShip will select the first available. If the priority is not known, it is suggested that you leave this as moderate.
3. Linking to Accounts
Once you have completed all the Required Fields explained above, you will be provided with the ability to link your transport accounts that are named in MachShip as Carrier Accounts to the Ratecard.
NOTE: You are able to link the ratecard to multiple Carrier Accounts.
- To link a Carrier Account, begin to type out the account Name or Abbreviation and select the applicable account from the list.
Once selected, it will appear as shown below:
- At this point, you will be able to add other Carrier Accounts if required. Repeat the above steps.
MachShip will also allow you to remove an account or all the accounts by selecting the highlighted fields as shown below.
4. Save the Account
Once you have finalized linking the accounts, select the Create Ratecard.
Once MachShip has successfully created a ratecard, a green Ratecard 'Name of ratecard' was created successfully prompt will show in the top right corner of the screen.