How to Navigate to a Ratecard(s)
1. Select Admin then Ratecards.
2. Locate the required rate card using either the Filter function or Search Bar.
- Use the filters to find the Ratecard you wish to export:
- Company - Will populate all Ratecards relating to the Company that was entered.
- Carrier - Will populate all Ratecards using this Carrier.
- Carrier Account -This field will bring up the specific ratecard relating to the Carrier Account.
- Surcharge - This field will allow you to return any ratecards that are linked to a specific surcharge.
- Search Bar: The search bar will allow you to partially match the ratecard name or abbreviation.
How to Uprate
For a Service Specific Ratecard Uprate you will need to ensure that you have selected only ratecards from the One Carrier. Once you have found the ratecard/s you wish to update, apply the following methods.
1. Single Ratecard
- Click the cog on the ratecard then select Uprate ratecard.
2. Multiple Ratecards(Selected)
MachShip will uprate the latest ratecard version.
- Select multiple ratecards by clicking on the selection box, right of the grid. Multiple carriers can be selected.
- Select Actions and Uprate Selected.
3. Uprate All
Using the filter options and Uprate All functionality can be a more efficient method. If there is a large number to uprate.
- Using one or a combination of the following to search for a ratecard: Company, Carrier, Carrier Account Names or a Search Term.
- Select the Actions drop down and Uprate All.
Any of the options above will prompt the Uprate Ratecards modal to appear.
Uprate Ratecard Modal
Once the ratecards have been selected, an Uprate modal will appear as below:
Note: If you do not see the above (or the button shown below) then you cannot undertake a service-specific uprate.
1. Check off the ratecards being uprated.
The Uprate Ratecards modal will show the names of all the ratecards that will be uprated. Please ensure this is correct.
2. Set the Effective Date
The Effective Date will be the date at which the New Ratecard Version will be produced and when the uprate is completed or will become active. The ratecard becomes active as of 12:00 am on the day of the Effective date.
- To set the Effective Date, click the calendar icon on the left (indicated below). Then select a date. Once completed, the date will show in the Effective Date bar as below.
3. Set the Add Service Uprate Button
Select the Add Service Specific Uprate Button shown below.
4. Set the Services you wish to Uprate
The Service Specific Uprate option will provide the ability to uprate multiple services by the same amount. To add or group a set of services together for uprating, type in the service name or abbreviation into the Service Specific Uprate textbox and select from the type-ahead.
- Once selected, the service will appear in a list below the text box.
- To add extra services simply repeat the steps above.
- To remove any service simply click on the cross on the service icon.
5. Set the Uprate Amount for that service
Uprates can be completed in 2 different ways. The method chosen will depend on the type of increase as well as how the uprated figures are to be rounded.
Method 1 - Full Uprate - Also known as Simple Uprate
A Simple Uprate will be where a carrier has indicated that all of the Breaks, Basics and Minimums will be uprated by the same amount with the same rounding.
To complete this simply select:
- Uprate Method
The uprate method will be either Percentage of Cost (% increase/decrease) or Dollar Increase.
- Total Uprate % or Total $ Increase
Place either the changed percentage amount or the dollar figure that you need to increase everything by. For percentages, a 4% increase would be put in the field as below:
- Rounding Type
The options for rounding types are:
a) Rounding Up, Down, Nearest
If any of these options are selected then you will need to set the number of decimal places to which you want to round the uprated result.
b) No Rounding
If selected MachShip will not round the result of from the uprate
c) Increment Up, Increment Down, Increment Nearest
Should the need to round the dollar figures to the nearest dollar or cents, then set the increment value as per the following example i.e for nearest 50 cents set as .5.
Method 2 - Full Uprate - Also known as Advanced Uprate
An Advanced Uprate will be where a carrier has indicated that all of the Breaks, Basics, and Minimums will be uprated by a different amount or the same amount with different rounding types.
- Change the Use advanced uprate flag to Yes.
- The screen will expand to present the below setup and will have filled all the fields that were set in the total uprate textbox.
6. Repeat Steps 3-5 for any other service Groups
If there are any other service groups which require a service specific uprate, select Add Service Specific Uprate button and repeat steps 3, 4, and 5.
NOTE: You cannot have 2 different service specific updates for the same service i.e in the example below, the system will not allow you to uprate.
7. Provide a default uprate amount for any Non-Specified Services
Once all details have been supplied for the Service Specific Uprate. It is required that you provide MachShip with an uprate figure for the remaining services. This will be completed through the Default (non-service specific) uprate values section.
NOTE: Should there be NO uprate that will apply to the balance of the services, simply set the total uprate percentage or dollar figure to be zero.
8. Select Uprate
Once you have set all the fields, select the Uprate button.
The system will then advise that the uprate has successfully been completed with an effective date set when uprating.
9. Validate the files
The final check to ensure that the uprate has been completed correctly is to export out the Ratecard Versions that have been created.
To complete this undertake an Export for a Select Ratecard Version. Set the date for the export to be the Effective Date for the uprate.
This is outlined in the article below: