Due to fluctuations and increases in costs over time, transport providers will adjust, or 'uprate' their rates typically every 6 or 12 months. In the majority of cases, they will likely provide a flat percentage increase across some of their services or the entire rate card itself. In order to help with these increases, MachShip has implemented an uprate engine.
Step by Step Guide:
How to Navigate to Uprate a Ratecard(s)
1. Select Admin and Ratecards.
2. Locate the required rate card using either the Filter function or Search Bar. Use the filters to find the Ratecard you wish to export:
- Company - Will populate all Ratecards relating to the Company that was entered.
- Carrier - Will populate all Ratecards using this Carrier.
- Carrier Account -This field will bring up the specific ratecard relating to the Carrier Account.
- Search Bar: The search bar will allow you to match the ratecard using the exact or partial name as well as the abbreviation.
How to Uprate
For a Service Specific Ratecard Uprate you will need to ensure that you have selected only ratecards from the One Carrier. Once you have found the ratecard/s you wish to update, apply the following methods.
1. Single Ratecard
- Click the cog on the ratecard then select Uprate ratecard.
2. Multiple Ratecards(Selected)
MachShip will uprate the latest ratecard version.
- Select multiple ratecards by clicking on the selection box, right of the grid. Multiple carriers can be selected.
- Select Actions and Uprate Selected.
3. Uprate All
Using the filter options and Uprate All functionality can be a more efficient method. If there is a large number to uprate.
- Using one or a combination of the following to search for a ratecard: Company, Carrier, Carrier Account Names or a Search Term.
- Select the Actions drop down and Uprate All.
Any of the options above will prompt the Uprate Ratecards modal to appear.
How to Uprate a Ratecard(s)
Once the ratecards have been selected, an Uprate modal will appear as below:
The major difference is when you uprate the SAME CARRIER, you are presented with the ability to set Service Specific Uprates. These are described in greater detail in the article linked here, however, their availability is indicated with the following icon showing.
How to Uprate a Non-Service Specific Ratecard
1. Check off the rate cards being uprated.
The Uprate Ratecards modal will show all the names of the ratecards that will be uprated. Please ensure that this is correct.
2. Set the Effective Date
The Effective Date will be the date at which the New Version Ratecard will be produced once the uprate is completed or will become active. The ratecard becomes active as of 12:00am on the day of the set effective date.
Setting the Effective Date, simply click the calendar icon on the left (indicated below). Then select a date. Once completed the date will show in the Effective Date bar as below:
3. Setting the Uprate Amount
Uprates can be completed in 2 different ways. The method chosen will depend on the type of increase as well as how the uprated figures are to be rounded.
Method 1: Full Uprate (Simple Uprate)
A Simple Uprate will be where a carrier has indicated that all of the Breaks, Basics and Minimums will be uprated by the same amount with the same rounding.
To complete this simply select:
- Uprate Method
The uprate method will either be Percentage of Cost (% increase/decrease) or Dollar Increase
- Total Uprate % or Total $ Increase
Place here either the changed percentage amount or the dollar figure that you need to increase everything by. For percentages, a 4% increase would be put in the field as below:
- Rounding Type
The options for rounding types are:
a) Rounding Up, Down, Nearest
If any of these options are selected then you will need to set the number of decimal places to which you want to round the uprated result.
b) No Rounding
If this is selected MachShip will not round the result of from the uprate.
C) Increment Up, Increment Down, Increment Nearest
In the event you need to round dollar figures to the nearest dollar or cents. Set the increment value i.e for nearest 50 cents set as .5.
Method 2 - Full Uprate (Advanced Uprate)
An Advanced Uprate will be where a Carrier has indicated that all of the Breaks, Basics and Minimums will be uprated by a different amount or the same amount with different rounding types.
To access the advanced uprate, change the Use advanced uprate flag to Yes.
Once selected, the screen will expand to present the below image. It will have filled all the fields that were set in the total uprate text box.
4. Select to Uprate
Once you have set all the fields, select the Uprate button.
The system will then advise that the uprate has been successfully completed with the selected effective date set.
5. Validate the files
The final check to ensure that the uprate has been completed correctly is to export out the Ratecard Versions that have been created.
To complete this undertake a an Export for a Select Ratecard Version. Set the date for the export to be the Effective Date for the uprate.
This is outlined in the article below: