Ratecards will contain all the information that will be utilised when creating quotes and pricing consignments. The article below will outline how you can create a new Ratecard via the MachShip UI.
How to Navigate to Ratecards
Select Admin drop-down then click on Ratecards. This will take you to the View Ratecards screen.
Creating a New Ratecard
Select Create Ratecard, located in the top left corner of the screen. This will prompt the Create Ratecard screen.
The Create Ratecards fields can be broken up into the following sections:
1. Administrative information
- Name: Free text field
- Abbreviation: Free text field, MachShip will use this to match the ratecard when you decide to import a set of transport rates.
- Company: Type and select the Company for which this ratecard should apply for. The Company selected should be the company which your client has been assigned to.
- Carrier: Type and select from the list of Carriers which this ratecard should apply for.
2. Advanced information regarding Expiration and Priority:
- Expiry Date: This field is not required. If a date is selected, the Ratecard will be applicable from midnight of that date.
- Priority: The Priority is to be assigned to a ratecard for the situation where there are multiple ratecards which could apply when generating prices. By default, everything is set to be Moderate but if there is a rate which should always be applied, this should be set to have a higher priority and if there is a ratecard which is a backup rate, this should be designated with a lower priority.
NOTE: If there are two applicable ratecards with the same priority then MachShip will select the first available. If the priority is not known, it is suggested that you leave this as moderate.
3. Linking to Accounts - Both Buy and Sell
Once you have filled in all the Required Fields explained above, you will be provided with the ability to link Carrier Accounts (Buy) and Company Carrier Accounts (Sell) to the Ratecard.
NOTE: You are able to select multiple Carrier Accounts and Company Carrier Accounts.
- Adding a Carrier Account
To add a Carrier Account, you will need to set below flag to YES. This will allow you to select and link the cost (buy) ratecard to a carrier account.
To link to a Carrier Account, begin to type out the account Name or Abbreviation and select the applicable account from the list returned.
Once selected, it will appear as shown below:
At this point, you will be able to add other Carrier Accounts if required. Repeating the steps above.
MachShip will also allow you to remove an account or all the accounts by selecting the highlighted fields below.
- Adding a Company Carrier Account
MachShip offers freight resellers the opportunity to apply a custom ratecard to be calculated as the sell price when creating a consignment. To set this, create a Company Carrier Account explained here and then link this Company Carrier Account through the instructions below:
To add a Company Carrier Account, you will need to set below flag to NO. This will allow you to select and link the sell ratecard to a company carrier account.
To link a Company Carrier Account, type in the Name or the Abbreviation and select from the list provided.
Once selected, the screen will appear as below.
To link multiple accounts, repeat the steps above.
Should you need to unlink/ remove a Company Carrier Account, select the options highlighted below.
4. Save the Account
Once you have finalised linked the accounts, select the Create Ratecard button.
Once MachShip has successfully created a ratecard, a green 'Ratecard "Name of ratecard" was created successfully' notification will show in the top right corner of the screen.
Please sign in to leave a comment.