When there is a charge discrepancy based on the upload of a carrier invoice users will have the option to:
- Accept the charge discrepancy
- Accept Part of the Charge Discrepancy
- Reject the discrepancy and accept the original quote
- Reject the total charge
Below is a description on how to reject a charge discrepancy.
1. Navigate to the Balance Screen
This can be completed by a few methods which are discussed in the article here, but the most common method will be when you are on the view invoice consignments screen which will be outlined below.
Select the Finance drop-down and View Carrier Invoices.
MachShip has provided a few ways to help you narrow down the search using the below filters:
- Company - Will search for all invoices relating to this Company Name.
- Carrier - Will search for all invoices relating to this Carrier.
- General Search - Entering keywords, MachShip will filter through all invoices and return any invoices with relating words.
Once you have found the correct invoice, click on the Cog to expand your options.
Select View Consignments.
Find the invoice entry which needs to reconcile, click the cog and select Balance.
2. Go to the Unaccepted Carrier Invoice Entries section
The Unaccepted Carrier Invoices section will display all of the invoice entries which have generated the discrepancy and the details from the carrier regarding the discrepancy. To see the information click on each of the invoice entry tiles.
3. Select Reject Total
4. Assign the reason for the rejection of the charge
When a charge is rejected users will need to provide a reason for this rejection. This rejection reason will be placed on the MachShip Credit Request form. The MachShip Credit Request form can be provided to the carrier once an invoice has been reconciled and it will list all of the consignments with disputed charges and the reason for the dispute. The article at this link describes how this form can be downloaded.
Once you have selected Reject Total the Reject Carrier Invoice Entry modal will appear.
Select a Rejection Reason. This can be from one on MachShip's preset reasons - listed below:
Then provide any supporting comments.
Then select Reject.
The Unaccepted Carrier Invoice Entries section will show with a status of Rejected with the reason listed.
5. Select Balance
Select the Balance Consignments button
MachShip will update the consignment and confirm it has been balanced with the green success bar shown below:
The consignment will also have its reconciliation status set to be Reconciled.