When there is a charge discrepancy based on the upload of a carrier invoice, users will have the option to:
- Accept the charge discrepancy
- Accept part of the charge discrepancy
- Reject the discrepancy and accept the original quote
- Reject the total charge
Below is a description on how to accept a charge discrepancy.
1. Navigate to the Balance Screen
This can be completed by a few methods which are discussed in the article here, but the most common method will be when you are on the view invoice consignments screen which will be outlined below.
Select the Finance drop-down and View Carrier Invoices.
MachShip has provided a few ways to help you narrow down the search using the below filters:
- Company - Will search for all invoices relating to this Company Name.
- Carrier - Will search for all invoices relating to this Carrier.
- General Search - Entering keywords, MachShip will filter through all invoices and return any invoices with relating words.
Once you have found the correct invoice, click on the Cog to expand your options.
Select View Consignments.
Find the invoice entry which needs to reconcile, click the cog and select Balance.
2. Go to the Unaccepted Carrier Invoice Entries section
The Unaccepted Carrier Invoices section will display all of the invoice entries which have generated the discrepancy and the details from the carrier regarding the discrepancy. To see the information click on each of the invoice entry tiles.
3. Select Accept Total
4. Assign the reason for the charge discrepancy
Once the unaccepted carrier invoice entry has been accepted it will appear in the accepted carrier invoice entry section as below:
The Consignment Charge will be the component of the invoice charge which equals the MachShip quote. The Reconciliation Charge will equate to the accepted charge discrepancy amount.
To move the charge into a state of reconciled you will need to provide a reason for the charge discrepancy.
Click the Reconciliation Charge tile, it will appear as below:
Place the reason for the charge discrepancy in the text box named Reason and if Tax has applied or not via the Apply Tax flag.
5. Select Balance Consignment
Select the Balance Consignments button.
MachShip will update the consignment and confirm it has been balanced with the green success bar shown below:
The consignment will also have its reconciliation status set to be Reconciled.
Please sign in to leave a comment.