Unmatched invoice entries are invoice entries which MachShip is unable to automatically assign to a consignment. Users have options to reject these entries, manually accept the charge and create a consignment, use the entries details to create a new consignment and reconcile the cost against the carrier rates in the system, or manually assign the entry to an existing consignment.
Below we will discuss how you can use the invoice entries details to create a consignment and reconcile the cost against the carrier rates in the system.
How to navigate to Unmatched Entries
Navigate to the Finance drop-down and select View Carrier Invoices.
MachShip has provided a few ways to help you narrow down the search using the below filters:
- Company - Will search for all invoices relating to this Company Name.
- Carrier - Will search for all invoices relating to this Carrier.
- General Search - Entering keywords, MachShip will filter through all invoices and return any invoices with relating words.
Once you have found the correct invoice, click on the Cog to expand your options.
Select View Unmatched Entries.
The View Unmatched Entries screen will show a list of all of the unmatched entries on an invoice. This grid will show the five properties of:
- Carrier Account
- Pickup Location
- Delivery Location
In every second column, highlighted below, you will see what MachShip has been able to match up the values from the invoice. The invoice values are shown in the unhighlighted columns.
NOTE: When auto-creating a Consignment, all of these columns must be filled. To understand how these can be set please view the following article.
There are two ways to auto-create Consignments:
1. Create Selected - In the far left column, click on the tick next to the consignment you would like to create a Consignment for. Select your invoice entries, click on the Cog to expand the option then scroll down and click on Auto-Create Consignments - Selected.
2. Create All - This will select all invoice entries that are in the grid and auto-create Consignments. To do this, navigate to the Cog which is located next to the search engine. Scroll down and select Auto Create Consignments - All.
Once the selection method is chosen the Auto Create Benign Consignment modal will show:
- Carrier Reference - Will be filled with data from the imported invoice.
- Sender Reference - If data is available, the column will be filled.
- Consignment - Will be blank.
Select Create Consignment.
MachShip will then attempt to create a consignment using the information from the carrier invoice.
If successful, the column titled Consignment will return with all the Consignment numbers it has created. If MachShip is unable to create a consignment then this will be shown to you as an error. The error will state No route was found for this carrier invoice entry. A consignment will need to be generated manually. As shown below.
This error indicates that no rate exists against the carrier account which was set against the invoice entry. In order to move this from an Unmatched invoice entry, you will either need to adjust the properties set, set up the rate against the Carrier Account or manually create the consignment from unmatched.
Please click on this link to learn how to manually create Consignments for unmatched invoices.