Unmatched invoice entries are invoice entries which MachShip is unable to automatically assign to a consignment. Users have options to reject these entries, manually accept the charge and create a consignment, use the entries details to create a new consignment and reconcile the cost against the carrier rates in the system, or manually assign the entry to an existing consignment.
In order to turn any of these unmatched invoice entries into a consignment, MachShip must be able to match up the entry with a company, carrier account, service, pickup location, and delivery location. MachShip will attempt to automatically assign these 5 fields but when this cannot be achieved it is required that these properties by manually set. This is completed in the unmatched entries screen.
How to navigate to Unmatched Entries
Navigate to Finance and select View Carrier Invoices.
From the Manage Invoices screen, search for your Invoice. MachShip has provided a few ways to help you narrow down the search using the below filters:
- Company - When entering a company name, MachShip will auto-generate a list for you to select from and will bring up all the invoices relating.
- Carrier - Will search for all invoices relating to the Carrier.
- General Search - When entering any keywords, MachShip will filter through all invoices and bring up ones that have matching keywords.
Once found, click on the Cog to expand the invoice menu and select View Unmatched Entries.
How to Set Consignment Properties
The View Unmatched Entries screen will show a list of all the unmatched entries on an invoice. This grid will show the five properties of:
- Carrier Account
- Pickup Location
- Delivery Location
In every second column, highlighted below, you will see what MachShip has been able to match up the values from the invoice as. The invoice values are shown in the unhighlighted columns.
In order to be able to turn this unmatched invoice entries into a consignment, we need to set the values of each of the highlighted columns shown above. These are called consignment properties.
There are two ways to Set Consignment Properties:
1. Set on Selected - In the far left column, click on the tick next to the consignment you would like to set properties for. Select your invoice entries, click on the Cog to expand the option then scroll down and click on Set Consignment Properties - Selected.
2. Set on All - This will select all invoice entries that are in the grid and set the properties. To do this, navigate to the Cog which is located next to the search engine. Scroll down and select Set Consignment Properties - All.
We suggest that you use a combination of the 2 methods above to fill out all of the unmatched columns.
Once the selection method is chosen the Set Properties on Unmatched Invoice Entries modal will show. Here you will select the relevant value for each property. You do not need to fill each field in the modal only those which are applicable to the invoice entries selected.
Once the modal fields are populated select the Set Properties button.
If all properties have been set successfully, a green Properties Set successfully prompt will come up in the top right corner of the screen.
The grid will then update the second columns with the properties which have been set like the example below: