The MachShip Printing Application is a locally installed application designed to allow the automated printing of item, consignment, and manifest paperwork. The installation and set up instructions are outlined here.
Though originally designed to enable users to print labels in an efficient manner, the MachShip Printing Application can also be configured to import order information as Pending Consignments into MachShip by watching and consuming files which are dropped into a local folder - this is known as Folder Polling.
To configure the MachShip Printing Application to folder poll you will need to:
1. Navigate to the MachShip App Settings
To do this select Admin and Other Options.
Then select MachShip App Settings in the Advanced menu.
This will take you through to the MachShip App Settings grid showing all current active MachShip app settings your company has set up.
2. Select Add MachShip App Settings
This will take you through to the Create MachShip App Settings page.
3. Set up the MachShip App Settings
You will need to provide MachShip with:
- Name - This is a free text field.
- Description - This is used to outline what task this particular set up is designed to complete.
- Company - The company this task needs to be completed for. It should be the highest company in the tree if it is completing tasks for multiple companies.
- Email Addresses - These email addresses will be notified if there are any errors or warnings related to the files which are imported. The warnings will be raised under circumstances such as a user attempting to import the same files twice. If this is left blank then the email (used by the system) against the company page will be used as a default. As we are importing as orders there will be no error emails but there could potentially be warning emails sent for duplicate references.
- Import Type
To import as Pending Consignments select the Order Option.
The form will look like the below:
4. Select Save MachShip App Settings
You will be navigated back to the Manage MachShip App Settings grid and the settings set up will be shown.
4. Select Edit MachShip App Settings
The final step will involve setting the consignment import format. To do this select the drop-down cog on your setting and select Edit App Settings.
5. Assign the Consignment Importer
As there is the potential to have customised consignment import types, these are outlined in the Workflow documentation at the following link. You will need to have assigned a company to your MachShip App Settings before you can assign the consignment importer. Once on the edit screen, select the import type from the drop-down.
Once complete select Save MachShip App Settings.
6. Assign the MachShip App Settings token to the MachShip Printing Application
Once you have saved the settings you will be returned to the MachShip App Settings grid. The set up will have been assigned a token which will be shown in the grid as below:
Take this token and opening the app, select the Setting tab.
Enter the token in the field provided.
If the token is valid the page will appear as below:
7. Choose the Polling Folder location for the MachShip App to import files from
To assign the Polling Folder select Choose File and pick the desired location.
The application will show as below:
Once this has been set up the MachShip Printing Application will begin to monitor and poll the files from the folder. Once the files are placed into the Polling Folder they will be sent to MachShip and imported in. As we are importing as orders no files will appear in the error folder created in the Polling Folder and all files will appear in the success folder.
This will appear as below:
All imported files will then appear in the Pending Consignments screen.