In order to provide your clients access to your transport accounts, you will need to link then to a sell account or Company Carrier Account.
How to Navigate to the Create Company Carrier Account Page
The Company Carrier Account create page can be accessed in 2 ways:
1. Via Admin drop-down and Company Carrier Account
2. Via the links in the top right of any Company Carrier Account related page.
How to Create a Company Carrier Account
The Company Carrier Account page can be split into the following sections:
In order to uniquely identify the account, users will need to provide:
- Name - This is a free text field and it's simply used as a unique identifier
- Abbreviation - This is a free text field and it's simply used as a unique identifier
- Carrier - Carrier for which you wish to access the rates. Once the first 2 characters are entered MachShip will provide a list to select from
- Carrier Account - Once a carrier is selected use the drop-down to select which account you wish to provide this client access to.
Company - Select the client or company to which you want to assign the sell rates to. Once the first 3 characters are entered MachShip will provide a list to select from
The markups section will enable the user to define how they would like to sell the rates. Should you just wish to use the rates as they are provided by the carrier then set the markup to be 0%.
There are 3 distinct types of markups. These are:
- Percentage of Cost - MachShip will apply the sell as per the percentage provided. For example: if you populate the total markup box with 25 then the cost price will be sold at 1.25 times.
- Dollar Increase - Dollar Increase will take the cost price and add on the figure provided in the total box. For example: if you populate the total box with $1 then MachShip will increase the Breaks, Basic and Minimum by $1. So the total margin would be $2 if the cost was higher than the minimum, or $1 if it was equal to the minimum.
- Dollar Total Override - Total Dollar Override will take the cost price and override the figure with the total provided. For example: if you populate the total box with $1 then MachShip will override the Breaks, Basic and Minimum figure with $1 so MachShip will sell the freight for $2 no matter the cost or $1 if the cost is less than the minimum.
The Disabled flag will provide the ability to switch on and off access for that company to those rates. This will be utilised if you wish to stop using the carrier for a period of time or if you need to place an account on hold.
If required, you can also change the Cubic Conversion Factor and the Fuel Surcharge for the sell rate compared to the cost rate.
You can also assign a different markup for the breaks, the basic and the minimum. This is controlled through the three flags in the markups section.
If you have been given a set of rates which contain a series of services, which you do not wish to make applicable to your client or user, you are able to list which services you wish to display by selecting Yes on the "Do you want to limit the valid services" flag.
Once yes is selected you choose which services you want to ALLOW access to through the drop-down and selecting the plus. These will then be listed as below:
Once the service has been set it will appear as below: