You can set Default Pick up and Delivery Locations in MachShip to allow for quick data entry when creating consignments.
How to navigate to set Default Locations
There are three ways in which to navigate through to set Default Locations.
- Through your My Profile settings:
- Once you have logged into MachShip, you will be able to see a cog with a drop-down arrow in the top right corner of the page. Click the cog to expand the drop-box and reveal My Profile.
Note: To be able to set a Default Pick up or Delivery Location, these locations will firstly need to be created and saved into Machship.
To create a Location, you can access the page via the following link
- Halfway down the My Profile page, you will see Defaults as a subheading. Here you will be able to set the Default Pickup Location and the Default Delivery Location. Start entering a Saved Location name and a list will appear of the locations you have created and saved. Select one by clicking on your preferred choice, then click Update My Profile.
- The page will refresh to the home screen and you will get a prompt stating 'Your Profile was updated successfully' in the top right corner of the page, like the image below.
2. When creating a consignment:
- Navigate to Create Consignment through the Create/Manage tab at the top of the page. Once you click the Create/Manage tab drop-box it will expand, scroll down to and select Create Consignments in the Consignments section.
- Start entering a Saved Location Name in the Location Name section and it will auto-generate a list for you to select from. Once selected, a set as default prompt will show.
- When you click on set as default, a green prompt with Location set as Pickup Default/ Delivery Default will show in the top right side of the screen as in the image below. This is a confirmation of the new settings that you have changed.
3. In the Locations page:
- To navigate to the Locations page, you will need to click on Create/ Manage to expand the link. Scroll down to the Saved Locations section and click on View Locations.
- When the page opens, you will be able to view all the Saved Locations that you have created. Select the Location that you would like to set as default by clicking on the Cog which is located on the right side of the page. When the cog expands, it gives you the option to Set as My Default Pickup or Set as My Default Delivery.
- From this page, you will also be able to create New Locations and set the Default Location. Click here to find out How to create a Company Location.
- Once you have selected one of those options, you will get a green prompt in the top right corner of the screen. It will look similar to the image below.