Receiver Pays consignments are created in MachShip via the Quick Consignment Page.
How to navigate to the Quick Consignment Screen
- To get to the Quick Consignment screen, from the top menu Create/Manage, click Quick Consignment under the Consignments section.
- Or you can alternatively use the link here.
Quick Consignment screen - Creating Reciever Pays
The Quick Consignment screen layout is very similar to the quote and standard create consignment views. The user is required to provide pickup location details, delivery location details, answer any questions, references and then add in the relevant items.
When creating a Receiver Pays consignment the carrier selection method needs to be set to the Expanded Carrier Selection.
By using the Expanded Carrier Selection method the user will be prompted to provide the Carrier, Account, and Service. MachShip will pre-fill any information it can with regards to service and account selection.
If the Carrier and Service combination are able to facilitate Reciever Pays then you will see the Use Reciever Account toggle.
By clicking this to YES the user is presented with the option to:
- Use a Saved Reciever Account
To use a saved receiver account type in either the Account Name or the Account Number into the text box provided. The options that match will be listed and you can select which account should apply.
Once selected the account will appear in the box as below.
- Create a new a Saved Reciever Account
Should the Reciever Account not yet be saved in MachShip then you can opt to create this account via the Create Reciever Account link.
This will prompt the Create Receiver Account Modal to appear.
Provide MachShip with:
Name - This is a free text field but should be something which makes the account easily identifiable.
Account Code - Needs to match the account code as per the carriers understanding exactly. If this is wrong then some carriers will prevent the consignment from being manifested.
Once complete select Save.
The created account will be populated into the Receiver Account input box.
Once the Receiver Account has been added then select any of the consignment creation options outlined below:
Note: Furthermore if you have the MachShip Printing Application installed to print labels and documentation then you can use the options below along with the keyboard shortcuts to create and print.
- Create (Ctrl + S): This method will create the consignment and clear all fields except for default information.
- And Keep Details (Ctrl + Shift + S): This will create the consignment and maintain all the information which was entered. This will be useful if you have several consignments to create to the same location on the same carrier and service. It can also be advantageous if you only have a small amount of information to change for the next consignment.
- And Keep Carrier Details (Ctrl + Alt + S): This will create the consignment and refresh the page, clearing the delivery and item details. This method is useful if the user is to create multiple consignments for the same carrier, one after another.
As long as there is a valid form and to zone for the carrier selected, MachShip will allow the consignment to be created.
Differences on the View Consignment Page with a Reciever Pays Consignment
The pricing on a Reciever Pays consignment will always show as $0.
Receiver Account Field in Delivery Method:
MachShip will record the account the consignment has been booked on in the Delivery Method section of the View Consignment page. No Route will be presented.
Receiver Account Notification in Notes:
MachShip will place in the notes that this consignment was generated via the Receiver Pays creation method.