In order to enable access to the rates you have loaded into MachShip for you or your clients, you will need to create a Company Carrier Account.
How to Navigate to the Create Company Carrier Account Page
The Company Carrier Account create page can be accessed in 2 ways:
1. Via Admin drop-down and Company Carrier Account.
2. Via the links in the top right of any Company Carrier Account related page.
How to Create a Company Carrier Account
The Company Carrier Account requires users to provide:
- Name - This is a free text field and it's simply used as a unique identifier
- Abbreviation - This is a free text field and it's simply used as a unique identifier
- Carrier - Carrier for which you wish to access the rates. Once the first 2 characters are entered MachShip will provide a list to select from
- Carrier Account - Once a carrier is selected The drop-down will provide you with a list of accounts which you can book on - Select the one which should be used by this company
- Company - Select the company (Or Business Unit / Despatch location) to which you want to assign the rates. Once the first 3 characters are entered MachShip will provide a list to select from
- To create the company carrier account select the Save Company Carrier Account button.
The Disabled flag will provide the ability to switch on and off access for that company to those rates. This will be utilised if you wish to stop using the carrier for a period of time or if you need to place an account on hold.
The Inheritable flag will provide the ability to assign out this carrier to all of the companies and business units in your organisation. Like Saved Locations and Saved Items having this flag set to be Yes will mean that even without a direct Company Carrier Account link, the child company can consign on that account. This can be a large timesaver when setting new carriers in the platform
- Valid Services
If you have been given a set of rates which contain a series of services, which you do not wish to make applicable to your client or user. MachShip has given you the ability to select multiple services when switching the Do you want to limit the valid services? to Yes.
Once yes is selected you choose which services you want to ALLOW access to through the drop-down and selecting the plus. These will then be listed as below:
Once the service has been set it will appear as below: