What is a Company Contact?
Company structures are complex, and MachShip understands that, at times, key contacts within your business need to be informed about certain events which have happened. By creating a Company Contact in MachShip, you allow a user to inform these people, via email, when specific events occur.
Company contacts can be emailed when:
- An invoice is posted - relevant to brokers
- A consignment is created
- A series of consignments are manifested
How to create a Company Contact
1. Navigate to the edit company page
Select Admin and View Companies.
Search for the company you wish to assign the Company Contact to, select the cog on the right and the Edit Company option.
2. Scroll to Company Information Table.
About three quarter's down the page you will see the Company Information Table. This table contains information relating to Contacts, Company Carrier Accounts, Invoice Wrapping, Custom Fields, Printer Configurations and Workflows. This grid will also provide access to the Cost (buy) rates as well as any customized Sell rates.
3. Create Contact
To create a Company Contact you will need to:
Select the Create Contact button.
Enter in the following information:
- Name - This will be the full name and surname - will be used when addressing the email
- Email - Required to know what email address to send to
- Position - Free text field to enable people within your business to know what the role is of this individual
- Type - Select from Operations, Accounts, and Broker. Simply another method to split up and define what the role of the contact in/to the company
Optional information includes:
- Phone - Useful if ever there is a need to get in contact with this user
- Notes - This is another free text field which will enable you to be able to outline anything that MachShip users may need to know about this contact
Flag events for contact to be notified.
The events are:
- An invoice is posted- relevant to brokers. The user will receive an email with the invoice attached. This is not a carrier invoice but an invoice for transport which has been onsold.
- A consignment is created. The email will contain the details of the to location and the items on the consignment.
- A series of consignments are manifested. The email will contain a list of the consignments which have been manifested. This list contains the carrier service, the to name and location as well as an item count for each consignment.
Simply click the flag to Yes for each relevant event.
4. Save Contact
To save the contact select the Save Contact button.
Should you need to create another Company Contact, select the up arrow and the option and Create Another will appear. This will create the current contact and refresh the page to allow you to create another contact.
Please sign in to leave a comment.