The Batch Consignment creation method is best used when you want to create a series of consignments with the same shipping items, from the same pickup location to a set of different delivery locations, with the same Carrier and on the same Service. MachShip will return to you a list of quoted prices from which you can then bulk generate consignments.
How to navigate to the Batch Consignments screen
- To get to the Batch Consignments screen, from the top menu Create/Manage, click Batch Consignments under the Consignments section.
- Or you can alternatively use the link here.
Create Batch Consignments screen
Upon navigating to the Batch Consignments screen you will see the screen setup as below.
To create a set of Batch Consignments you will need to provide the following required fields:
- Pickup Locations: Similar to the Create Consignment screen, you can select a location from the Very Frequent Locations list or enter one from the Location Name textbox. For a new Location, you need to fill in the Address 1 and Suburb. It is also suggested (but not required) that you provide MachShip with a contact name, phone number and email address if known.
- Service Selection: Select the Carrier, Account, and Service and if there is a bulk reference for the batch you can provide these references. Please note it is possible to have the individual references for each movement on the upload spreadsheet which will then be assigned to each created consignment.
- Items: Enter in the item(s) details or select from the Very Frequent saved locations drop down.
Once you have filled in all of the details, the next step is to choose Delivery Locations. Click on the Select Delivery Locations button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Set the Delivery Locations
The delivery locations screen will appear like below with a summary of the pickup details as well as Carrier, Account and Service details.
To set the delivery locations you can do the following:
1. Add a Location Group
A Location Group is a set of linked locations. Type in the location group name in the Add a Group to the Batch search bar.
The location group will then appear as below.
If you click on the location group then it will expand as below and you can set the individual references for each location.
2. Add a Saved Location
Add a save company location to the batch by typing the name in the Add a Location to the Batch search bar.
The location will then appear under the Misc Locations bar as below:
If you click on Misc. Locations then it will expand as below and you can set the individual references for the location(s).
3. Via a csv import
MachShip has a particular import csv format which is required for the Batch Import which is outlined below. Required fields are in bold.
|Location Name||Location Abbreviation||Contact||Phone||Address Line 1||Address Line 2||Suburb||Postcode||Special Instructions||Reference 1||Reference 2|
Alternatively, you can export saved locations in this format by going to this link:
Select Export Locations for Batching Import.
Once you have the template, select Import Delivery Locations.
This will prompt the CSV Location Group Import modal to appear, select Add Files then select the file you wish to upload. Please note to limit this to 200 locations. Select Upload.
MachShip will validate the file and upload to the batch import.
- Generate Pricing
Once you have all your locations loaded, select the Get Routes button.
MachShip will then route and price all of the valid routes and present as below with the number of successful and failed routes as well as a total price for all movements.
Clicking Expand will present a quote for each route
Users can then expand each individual consignment.
You can also delete the entry if required.
- Create Consignments
To create the consignments select the Create Consignment button.
This will prompt the Batch Consignment Creation Modal. If your company has access to Dangerous Goods select the declaration and then opt to Create Consignments.
The consignments will be created and the modal will provide a success message and a link to the unmanifested consignments page.